Since 2014, MyBigCareer has been providing A Level results day support to schools in Hackney, East London. We found that in schools where only a minority of students were applying to university, many bright and capable young people were missing out on great university places simply because they did not receive any guidance in Clearing (where they had missed their grades) or Adjustment (where they had exceeded them). In the past three years our volunteers have helped these young people gain access to excellent courses and institutions they would otherwise have missed out on.
· Receive full face-to-face training accompanied by a printed booklet to refer to on results day
· Attend one designated Hackney school on results day to:
- Help students who have dropped UCAS points gain access to the best possible institutions and courses;
- Advise those who have exceeded their predicted grades;
- Record basic details for each student they work with, such as predicted and actual grades and destinations
· Receive refreshments and a rewarding, CV-boosting experience!
Volunteers will need:
- Friendliness, empathy and a genuine desire to help disadvantaged young people make the best possible decision for them regarding higher education
- First-hand experience of Key Stages 4-5 and higher education in the UK
- Commitment to attend the training session Central London (Date TBC)
- Commitment to volunteer in one of the designated secondary schools between 7am and 1pm on 17th August
- A short reference from their university
- Introduction to MyBigCareer
- Details of Clearing and Adjustment processes
- Advice on which universities to call
- Useful contacts and resources
- Hard copy training booklet
Would you like to help young people from disadvantaged backgrounds secure well-deserved places at university? Are you calm under pressure, well-organised, empathetic and friendly? MyBigCareer would like to hear from you!
For further information, please email George de Cintra at email@example.com or call
020 7409 5162.